Proverbs: Those words of wisdom which can steer us in the right direction.
Now I discover a little known litany of proverbs which gave me a chuckle.
Things like “A clear conscience is usually a sign of a bad memory.” Those words are truer than most of us are willing to admit.
I received some juicy tidbits in the mail from my friend Ann, entitled
“Larry’s Proverbs.” Now I don’t know who Larry is, but he’s straight up as far as I’m concerned. I don’t usually blog about forwarded e-mails which can clog up our in-boxes. But this was worth sharing.
Wish I knew the source so I could give him or her credit.
I’m calling it “Bubba’s Proverbs”
1. A day without sunshine is like …well, night!
2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name
5. Remember half the people you meet are below average
6. He who laughs last, thinks slowest.. (Why do I relate to this one?)
7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.
9. Support bacteria. They’re the only culture most people have
10 Change is inevitable, except from vending machine.
11. If you think nobody cares, try missing a few payments.
12. When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
13. Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
14. Hard work pays off in the future. But lazines pays off now.
15. If the world didn’t suck, we would all fall off.
I added one for Bubba – a beer in the hand is worth a case in the fridge.