I hate that word “aging.” I prefer to think of it as “mellowing.”
Here are a few things that I have observed as I continue to push toward becoming “a woman of a certain age.” (I may already be there, but can’t remember.)
* The children are becoming you and you have become your mother.
* Going out is good but coming home is better. STAYING home is best.
* When people tell you that you look great, they mean that you look great “for your age!” (And they seem so surprised.)
* You can keep secrets because two minutes after you hear them, they are forgotten. Ditto for gossip. Now we can engage in it freely knowing it will never go any farther.
* That ten pounds you wanted to lose is now 20, and you have a better chance of losing your your reading glasses or your car before the pounds.
* You sleep better in a recliner then the bed.