I correspond daily with friends on a wonderful gardening site and today I received a tip that I want to share. Someone posted the following: “My mail carrier told me that the US Postal service sent out a message to all letter carriers to put a sheet of Bounce in their uniform pockets to keep yellow-jackets and mosquitoes at bay.”
The tip came from a gardener in Louisiana where they have mosquitos the size of helicoptors. All this time you’ve just been putting Bounce in the dryer!
Here are some other uses for the fabric softener which I can’t verify, but I figure it can’t hurt to give some of them a try. I’m off to the store to buy some Bounce!
- It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them. It also repels mice. I’ll be sleeping with a box of Bounce for the rest of my life!
- Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle. A mouse in the house is bad enough, but in the car?! That’s an accident waiting to happen.
- It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don’t get opened too often.
- Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a used sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
- Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
- To freshen the air in your home – Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet. I’ll be wearing Eau of Bounce from now on!
- Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
- Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
- Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
- To freshen the air in your car – Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
- Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
- Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
- Collect pet hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the lose hairs.
- Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
- Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
- Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
- Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes or sneakers overnight.
- Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
- Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
- And, of course, the obvious. Soften your clothes while drying!
Now, I’m expecting a big fat check from the Bounce people!