Above: The golden girls…(at least we think so)
- Okay it’s officially 2010. A new Year, a New decade. How can we make a difference and avoid regrets at the end of the year. Here are my recommendations:
- Stay connected with family and friends. Check. I have the best friends in the world. And I even like my family.
- Join a walking group, or other social group.
- Surround yourself with people whose company you enjoy. Check. I just don’t have time for negative people these days.
- Volunteer or get active with groups in your community. I’ve been deficient in this category, but I’m rededicating myself to St. Vincent’s (food pantry) at my church.
- Try a part-time job at a place you would enjoy working for a few hours a week. Maybe I can become a Wal-mart greeter? Naaw..
- Watch a funny movie and laugh. This works like a charm. I’ve watched an old rerun of Johnny Carson about 200 times (he plays Howard Hughes in his latter days when he went berserk and let his fingernails grow to 10 inches and wears Kleenex boxes on his feet). I fall out of my chair laughing every time.
- Take up a hobby such as playing cards, gardening, cooking, or dancing. Napping is my personal choice.
Remember, it’s never too late to improve your life.