If eating bacon is wrong, I don’t want to be right. Teamed up with a bit of avocado and chipotle mayo, you’ve got a little bit of heaven on earth.
I’m declaring this Sinful Saturday meaning this is my day to park the diet way behind the barn.
(My latest diet calls for one cheat day figuring that you can confuse your metabolism and bump it back up after six days of starvation.)
Here’s what’s on my menu for today. Breakfast is poached egg on toast with creamy chipotle mayo over bacon and avocado slices. The recipe (below) is from my favorite foodie –Kevin, who edits “Closet Cooking.”
Lunch is a BLT made with my last heirloom tomato – the end of the season’s bounty. I think God gave us vine ripened tomatoes of summer as a glimpse of what heaven will be like. Ditto for the avocados and bacon.
Dinner will be a salad with … you guessed it: lettuce, tomato, avocado, and bacon. Now, I don’t eat a pound of bacon every day, but I would if I could get away with it.
Poached Egg on Toast with Chipotle Mayonnaise, Bacon and Avocado
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices bread, lightly toasted (I used multigrain)
- 1/4 cup chipotle mayo ((1 chopped chipotle chili in adobo mixed into 1/4 cup mayonnaise)
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and reduce the heat to medium.
- Crack an egg into a bowl, swirl the water in the pot and pour the egg from the bowl into the water and repeat for another egg.
- Let the eggs cook until the whites are set but the yolks are not, about 2-3 minutes and fish them out.
- Repeat for the remaining 2 eggs.
- Assemble sandwiches and enjoy.