I promised you Bettye Wilson’s cornbread salad recipe – here it is. I’m making it for my mother’s day brunch on Sunday.
I’ll rake in compliments assuming I can’t find a way to screw it up.
- 1 (16 ounce) package corn bread mix
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 (1 ounce) package ranch dressing mix
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 (11 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- Prepare corn bread according to package directions. Cool, crumble, and set aside.
- Place bacon in a large deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- Whisk together the dressing mix, sour cream, and mayonnaise.
- Crumble half the corn bread in the bottom of a large serving dish. Top with half the beans. Layer the beans with half of the tomatoes, green bell pepper, and green onions. Sprinkle with half the cheese, corn, bacon, and the salad dressing mixture. Repeat the layers. Cover, and chill at least 2 hours before serving.