Not usually a very political animal, I’ve been watching with interest the on-going debate on the health care bill.
I’ve decided to be “agin it” simply because the government run program in the UK seems to operate under the premise that “if you make them wait long enough for the treatment they will go ahead and die”, thus saving the state enormous amounts of money.
Medicine for the future
That seems a bit harsh for my taste. But I respect other opinions, really I do.
What steams me the most about the bill is that Congress wants to be exempt from the proposed program and continue to receive their cushy health care coverage.
Hey, no fair. If they vote it in, they should be forced to use it for a year or two to iron out the wrinkles before subjecting “the people they serve” to it.
I think we should all cry “FOUL” and begin looking for someone to unseat them.
Here are a few projections that you could expect if the bill passes:
* Your annual breast exam will be performed at Hooters;
* The tongue depressors will taste faintly of Fudgesicles;
* The only item listed under Preventative Care Coverage is “an apple a day.”
* Your primary care physician is wearing the pants you gave to Goodwill last month.
* The only expense covered 100% is…. “Embalming.”
* Your medication comes in different colors with little M’s on them.