Time to start planning for the Big Super Bowl Party – Everything MUST be done in advance because I don’t plan to leave the television set from the kick-off until the final second.
This is Marc’s year to have the Super Bowl party but I promised to help. Found black plates and bowls at Dollar Tree and I’m stenciling fleur de lis on styrafoam cups.
I’ll be doing the Bread Pudding, a must for any New Orleans celebration. Today I’ll prep and freeze the rolls for my Crescent City Pizzas. On Sunday, all I have to do is slice and bake.
Crescent City Pizzas
INGREDIENTS (I’ll double recipe at the least)
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup finely chopped pepperoni (about 1 1/2 oz)
2 tablespoons finely chopped green bell pepper
1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (2 oz)
1/2 cup pizza sauce (from 8-oz can)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2. Unroll Crescent Roll dough; separate dough into 4 rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
3. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese, pepperoni, bell pepper and Italian cheese blend over each rectangle.
4. Starting with one short side, roll up each rectangle; press edge to seal. You can freeze at this point. With serrated knife, cut each roll into 6 slices; place cut side down on cookie sheet.
5. Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Meanwhile, heat pizza sauce. Immediately remove pinwheels from cookie sheet. Serve warm with warm pizza sauce for dipping.
I’m doing another batch spread with ground sausage, rolled up, sliced and baked as above. Others are doing a variety of New Orleans delicacies including the requisite red beans and rice, boiled shrimp, glazed ham, and I think Lamar is doing a duck. I’m not sure what that has to do with New Orleans, but his duck is always delicious.
I’m open to other ideas from South Louisiana Who Dats…..