I was chatting with a friend yesterday and he made the bold statement that everyone on the planet can master some skill.
The thought bothered me since at first blush, I didn’t think I’d been able to master much of anything while occupying space in this ole world.
So I sat down and made a list of things that even I have been able to achieve. I challenge you to do the same – you might surprise yourself.
Here’s my list –
1. Set goals – I can set them, just can’t always reach them
2. Keep a plant alive. I have a 15 year old beefsteak begonia.
3. Express condolences
4. Learn how to use a fire extinguisher before you actually have a fire.
5. Apologize – if it’s not accepted, so be it.
6. Season a cast iron skillet.
7. Win the affection of a dog or cat
8. Flirt shamelessly
9. Acquire or shed a bad habit – I’ve done both
10. Give a compliment
11. Accept a compliment
12. Contribute in group situations
13. Judge yourself by your own yardstick.
14. Write a heart-felt thank you note and mail it with a stamp
15. Grow a plant from seed
16. Make my own salad dressings and never buy Kraft again
17. Smile though your heart is breaking
18. Find humor in the worst of situations (I’m really good at this)
19. Piddle and putter without guilt (I’m a MASTER piddler)
20. Do what you can and don’t worry about what you can’t. (Okay, so I’m still working on this one.)