Everyone loves cookies, and they’re even better when they’re easy to make, healthy and require only one pan. This recipe calls for just one pot – and no baking to heat up your kitchen which we’ll all be needing as the long hot summer approaches.
I highly recommend it if you find yourself baby-sitting and have forgotten how to play with a child.
Preparation Time: 15 min – makes three dozen.
- 2 cups white sugar (Splenda works well too)
- 1/4 pound butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine sugar, butter, cocoa powder and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to a boil and let the mixture boil a minute or so while stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
- When peanut butter has melted, add vanilla and oatmeal.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons onto waxed paper and let cool.