I’ve been sitting around in my nightgown, eating the leftover Christmas candy, kicking around the empty gift boxes, and thinking about the New Year.
I can’t help it. I must do things differently this year in spite of my earlier post, stating I wouldn’t fall into the resolution trap. But I’m taking baby steps in 2009.
So, this time, my New Year’s resolutions fit perfectly on a post-it note.
1. I can eat all the chocolate I want, but first, I must shed my gown, put on make-up and get dressed in my tight jeans before indulging. That will be easy since all my jeans seem to have shrunk since Thanksgiving. I think it’s my new detergent.
2. I’m going to stop eating peanut butter…out of the jar…with my index finger. I’ll use a spoon.
3. I will start using the bristle end of the toothbrush and open my bank statements.
4. I will clean out my truck which has become something of a movable gas-guzzling storage unit.
5. I will give up all my New Year’s resolutions for Lent this year.
There. I think all these promises are doable. Happy New Year – may all your dreams come true in 2009. And may we all survive these turbulent times and emerge as better people.