Here’s a new way to serve this fantastic summer fruit! I saw Ina Garten prepare on the Food Network and gave it a try. Fantastic!
The balsamic vinegar brings out the berries’ beautiful color and truly enhances their flavor. Great served with a simple pound cake, over vanilla ice cream, or simply by themselves.
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, hulled and large berries cut in half
- 2-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon white sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- Place strawberries in a bowl. Drizzle vinegar over strawberries, and sprinkle with sugar. Stir gently to combine. Cover, and let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour but not more than 4 hours. Just before serving, grind pepper over berries.
- I served it over Ricotta cheese for a very healthy dessert.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 60 | Total Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 0mg