The list is long. I began compiling it after reading an article in Real Simple magazine by Kristin VanOgtrop that caught my attention.
I agreed with her on most items that no longer appeal to me, and I even added a few. See if these resonate with you – that is, if you’re growing older. (And aren’t we all?)
• show-offs, hotdoggers, and loud mouths
• movies with depressing endings
• mediocre books (If a book doesn’t grab my attention by page two it goes back to the library.)
• trying to turn my hair into something it’s not. (This has not made my list yet either – the number of bottles, tubes and jars in my shower are proof I haven’t accepted my hair in its natural state – whatever that is – and probably never will.)
• people who just want to talk about themselves
• darning socks (I’m still darning socks, as in “Where’s that darn sock,” I scream while folding the laundry.)
• big cities with bad architecture
• popular music (anything that has been produced since 1970)
• chain e-mails
• “fat free” anything
• reality shows
*reading about the plights of the “stars”
Can you add others?